In honor of Valentine’s Day coming up this Sunday, I thought I would share my perfect pear martini recipe. This martini is perfect for a cozy dinner by the fire place. The base of this martini is a homemade pear and sugar simple syrup. The simple syrup is super easy to make and really makes this martini amazing! So, sit back, relax, and enjoy this perfect pear martini with your perfect person!
First, I will start with how to make the pear simple syrup:
Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 of a pear chopped ( keep skin on)
- 1 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Simple Syrup Steps:
- Pour all ingredients into pan on the stove and bring to a boil. (Make sure to stir mixture a few times)
- Let mix simmer for about 20 minutes on low.
- Pour mix into container and let it sit over night in the fridge.
- Enjoy the next day in a cocktail! ( Simple syrup should last for about a week in the fridge)
- 2 shots vodka
- 2 shots white cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon of the pear simple syrup
- A mix of cinnamon and sugar for rim
- Slice of pear for the rim of glass
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Pour vodka and cranberry juice into shaker.
- Add tablespoon of pear simple syrup to shaker.
- Take the slice of pear and rub it around the rim of the glass.
- Put a shake of cinnamon and a tablespoon of sugar onto a plate.
- Take glass and swirl it in the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Shake martini shaker for about 1 minute.
- Pour into martini glass.
- Add slice of pear to the side of the martini by taking a knife and slicing a small opening on the pear slice so it can rest on the glass.
- Sip and enjoy!!!!!
*** Recipe makes one large martini or two small ones, depending on what kind of day you have had!