I have been struggling with the idea of blogging lately. I feel like the world is ending and who really cares about recipes and fashion. However, we still need to eat, read, and be hopeful. I have been home social distancing now for over a week. I have only seen my husband and my parents. As an extrovert with high anxiety, I am honestly really struggling. I feel very isolated and sad. Yesterday I cried in the shower thinking that will I never get to go to Homegoods again. I am not trying to make light of this situation, I am just trying to make you laugh for a minute, as I know there are much bigger problems. Before I post my recipe for lemon chicken, I want to take a moment to thank all of the medical professionals, pharmacists, grocery store workers, and direct care professionals that take care of our elderly and disabled populations. These people are the true heroes of this awful pandemic.
I wanted to post my recipe for lemon chicken because it is very easy to make and truly makes your house smell amazing. Make this recipe with your kids or someone special, and use cooking as a distraction from the news. I want to wish everyone peace and good health during this very stressful time. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Easy Lemon Chicken: Serves about 6 people
- 8 boneless chicken thighs ( use thighs with skin for better flavor)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2.5 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt to season
- pepper to season
- Place chicken thighs in baking dish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Drizzle three tablespoons of olive oil equally over all of the chicken thighs
- Mince three cloves of garlic
- Sprinkle minced garlic all around chicken ( you can put some of top of skin but make sure most of the garlic is surrounding the chicken)
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons over all the chicken thighs
- Chop up two rosemary sprigs and sprinkle over all the chicken thighs ( I remove the rosemary from the stem part, then chop it)
- Take the last lemon and cut it in half, and place a little lemon slice on each chicken thigh ( you can use whole lemon if needed)
- Bake at 375 degrees for about one hour ( check at 45 minutes)
Leave me a comment on what you are cooking while you are at home!