Are you having a panic attack about what gift to get everyone???? Calm down, I got you! I wanted to share some of my favorite last minute gift ideas. From gift cards to gift baskets, I will share my recommendations for the perfect last minute holiday gift!
- Good old gift cards, they are easy, and you can make them fun! I will list out some of my favorite gift cards ideas :
- Uber ( everyone can drink and not drive)
- Sephora or Ulta ( everyone loves makeup)
- Restaurant gift cards ( #datenight) ( I will list restaurant suggestions at the end of this post around the South Shore)
- Mani/pedi gift card ( find out where the person gets their nails done)
- TJMAXX, Homegoods, Marhsalls gift card ( heaven on earth)
- Escape The Room gift card ( family fun)
- Nonas in Hingham ( ice cream all year!)
- Amazon ( for the person who has everything, but loves a good Prime deal)
2. Gift baskets, I know some people think gift baskets are lame, but I love them and think they are cute. Here are some suggestions:
- Coffee themed gift basket with mugs, and the persons favorite bag of coffee
- Movie night basket with either dvds or movie tickets, popcorn and movie snacks ( possibly some wine to sneak in)
- Cooking themed basket with cookbooks, and cooking supplies
- Relaxing bath basket with nice bath salts, bubble bath, and a nice bath tub pillow
- Wine basket filled with different wines and different cheeses
- Brewery themed basket filled with the persons favorite beer and a t-shirt sold by the brewery ( hit up Vitamin Sea in Weymouth)
- A cocktail making basket filled with booze, glasses, and a martini shaker
3. Cold hard cash. I know cash seems impersonal but if you are struggling on what to get a 12 to 16 year old kid cash is the answer. Remember when you were that age and you went to the mall with your Christmas money and you got like 30 things from from Forever 21 and a pretzel! #goodolddays #cashisking
Here are my suggestions for restaurant gift cards around the South Shore!
- Tosca, Hingham ( great for your parents , or couples, not kid friendly)
- Alba, Quincy ( great spot, with a great roof deck in the summer)
- Square Cafe, Hingham ( super cute and great bread pudding)
- The Snug, Hingham ( great cozy family friendly irish pub)
- Burtons, Hingham ( good for meat lovers!)
- Crow Point Pizzera, Hingham ( college kids will love this, also great for swaps)
- Scarlet Oak, Hingham ( good for swingers…)
- Stars, Hingham ( great for families, and good beer!)
- True North, Weymouth ( cool new place, good food! )
- Fat Cat, Quincy ( they moved to a bigger space, and you know the mac & cheese is amazing)
And if all else fails, there is always scratch tickets!!
Happy holiday shopping, and remember don’t get too stressed, someone is probably just going to give the gift you gave them to a yankee swap next year!