Happy thirsty Thursday!! I wanted to quickly share a cute and festive Christmas cocktail. The cocktail recipe I am about to share is centered around a magical jarred cherry. Regular old jarred cherries are amazing on their own, but Luxardo cherries are out of this world. I had one in a cocktail last summer and I was hooked. The only downside to these incredible cherries is that they are around twenty dollars per jar. They are fancy cherries, and worth every penny! A jar will last you about 6 months. You can buy Luxardo cherries at William Sonoma or Fresh Market.
With that said, here is my recipe for my Merry Cherry cocktail!
The Merry Cherry:
Serving size is one cocktail
1.5 ounces of tart cherry juice
1.5 ounces of white cranberry juice
1.5 ounces of vodka
1 ounce of Triple Sec
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
1 Luxardo cherry with a little of the syrup
2 tablespoons red crystal sugar ( for the rim)
** Helpful tip 1.5 ounces is equal to one shot glass!
- Fill martini shaker with plenty of ice
- Pour cherry juice, white cranberry juice, vodka, and triple sec into martini shaker
- Squeeze one tablespoon of lime juice into the shaker
- Take lime and rub it around the rim of the martini glass
- Pour red crystals sugar on small plate
- Take martini glass and dip the rim in the red crystal sugar
- Shake the martini shaker with mix in it for about 20 seconds
- Take a spoon and scoop out one of the cherries from the jar with a little bit of the syrup, and put in the bottom of your martini glass
- Pour shaken martini mix into your martini glass
Here is the link if you want to purchase the Luxardo Cherries: