Happy Friday!!! Let’s celebrate with a cocktail. I am a big fan of cocktails, especially the classic Cosmopolitan. Some people have said that cosmos have gone out of style, but honey classic never goes out of style. Cosmos are the little black dress of cocktails. Sex and the City can’t be wrong!!! With that said I am probably a Charolette, but on a budget. When I go out to a restaurant I always order a cosmo. Like black dresses some are good, some are great, and some need a little work. So before I get into my recipe for my Cinnamon Apple Cosmo, I want to list out my favorite spots around the south shore to get a good cosmo. Note, a proper cosmo must be served in a martini glass. If not you might as well have a corona light.
- The Liberty Grille, Hingham: Not a fancy place but a strong pour of vodka for your cosmo. Out of 10, I would give it a solid 8. It gets the job done, it is strong, and 6 dollars. WIN, WIN. Tip ask for extra lime! Also, The Liberty Grille has the best bar pizza on the south shore!
- Tosca, Hingham: Fancy place with a great cosmos. Strong, elegant, and smooth go for it. 9 out of 10. Great date night spot. Cosmos are over 10 dollars.
- Alba, Quincy: Well I got engaged at Alba wayyyy back in 2012, so it holds a special place in my heart. The cosmos are great. Great atmosphere. Strong and classic cosmo. 9 out of 10 score. Also over 10 dollars.
- Scarlet Oak, Hingham: First-off amazing cornbread, good cosmos. Strong cosmo, great color, and also smooth. Over 10 dollars. Great bar area as well, they also have a swingers night. I think it is on Thursday night. Don’t have too many cosmos and put your keys on the bar, because you could be in for an interesting night! 9 out of 10 score for the cosmo.
Okay so here we go: Cinnamon Apple Cosmo Recipe
I have been making cosmos at home for about 5 years now. Now to make something a “cosmo” in my opnion you must include cranberry juice ( white or red) triple sec, and vodka. lime juice can be replaced with other things. Now the cosmos I talk about above are all classic cosmos. This is a seasonal cosmo. I still used cranberry juice, triple sec, and vodka. But I made my own simple syrup from, apples, cinnamon, sugar, and water. I will include the simple syrup recipe below as well. The simple syrup is what really makes this cocktail magical.
Recipe: serving size 1 strong drink (lol)
- 1 shot glass of vodka ( any vodka will do, but I prefer more grey goose) into cocktail mixer ( make sure cocktail shaker has lots of ice)
- 3/4 full shot glass of triple sec
- Full shot glass of cranberry juice ( red)
- One heaping tablespoon of flavored simple syrup.
- After all of this is poured into cocktail shaker, shake shake shake senora shake your body line
- Set aside shaker
- Take the apple you used for simple syrup and and cut a little piece and rub it around the rim of the glass
- Take one spoonful sugar, and couple sprinkles of cinnamon mix together on small plate
- Rub empty glass rim on the sugar & cinnamon mix
- Pour shaken cosmo mix into glass
- Add little slice of apple to the side of glass
- Sip and enjoy!!
Apple Cinnamon Simple Syrup recipe
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
one cinnamon stick
three apple slices ( cut from whole apple or saved, any kind of apple works)
cook together and bring to a boil in a pan, then simmer for about 18 minutes ( it will become like syrup), store in a glass jar and enjoy with future cocktails.
Remember even if you mess this cocktial up, it will still get you nice and tipsy!
Post below in comments where you like to get Cosmos!
I’m so happy you started a blog! Can’t wait to see what you share and I totally agree that Cosmos do not go out of style! 🙂
Yayyyyy! thanks for the comment! xoxo
Now that I’m DBC (Dorchester By Choice) my favorite places to get cocktails are: Lucy’s American Tavern (Adams Villiage), The Bowery (Lower Mills), Lower Mills Tavern, and Yellow Door Taqueria.
Congrats on the new blog!
Hey!!!!! Thank you! I love those choices! We should try them soon! xoxo
Now that I’m DBC (Dorchester By Choice) my favorite places to get cocktails are Lucy’s American Tavern ( Adams Village), The Bowery (Lower Mills), Yellow Door Taqueria (Lower Mills), and Lower Mills Tavern.
Congrats on the new blog!
💗 Sarah P.